Aberlour Curling Club was established in 1885 and was admitted in to the RCCC in 1936. We have our only 4 sheet outdoor rink on Queens Road, Aberlour with Club hut and flood lights. Outdoor curling is very much dependent on the weather. Over the last few years we have not been able to play any games on the rink.
Aberlour is part of the Moray Province (Area10) which is split in two with Moray Province East playing out of Moray Leisure Centre in Elgin and Moray Province West playing out of Inverness Ice Rink.
Founded in 1896 as the seventeenth Province of the RCCC at the time, “Morayshire” before changing its name to “Province of Moray” in 1899 and eventually to the present day title of “Moray Province” had 16 member clubs. The original member clubs were Aberlour, Auldearn, Ballindalloch, Banffshire, Banks of Findhorn, Cawdor, Drummuir, Dyke, Elgin, Fochabers, Forres, Glass, Glenferness, Keith, Laggan and Rothes.
Whilst the number of member clubs currently stands at 21, only Aberlour, Ballindalloch, Cawdor, Elgin, Forres and Fochabers are still currently in existence and members of Moray Province. Even amongst these six clubs only Cawdor, Forres and Elgin (although Cawdor during the Second World War were listed under “Nairnshire Province”) have remained entirely within Moray Proince with the others playing in Grampian Province for a number of years whilst Aviemore Ice Rink was in existence.
President: Kirsty Cameron
Vice President: Andy Cameron
Secretary: Jeff Hyland
Match Secretary: Willie Cameron
Treasurer: George Coupland
Province Rep: Mike McKenzie